Posting a supportive comment on your LifeChanger’s profile is a great way to tell them how much they mean to you. The comments are taken into consideration by the selection committee when determining winners. Additionally, the LifeChanger Spirit Award will be given to the nominee whose community demonstrates the most support for his or her nomination.
You can also help us honor your LifeChanger on social media. Start by following LifeChanger of the Year on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram, or scroll down for more ideas on how to support your LifeChanger. Be sure to use the hashtag #LCOY so we can see you showing your spirit!
Share a story about your nominee with your friends and tell them why you think the nominee is a LifeChanger. Include a link to your nominee’s profile and encourage your friends to leave a comment to support the nomination.
My Mom has always been a role model for me and her constant cheerful attitude is a testament to her style of teaching. She makes every student feel like family and knows that some students may not have healthy role models in their life. So when the students come to school, she acts as their teacher, role model, friend and family member. Words can’t describe how hard she works and it is an honor for her to be nominated for LifeChanger of the Year! Please support my Mom by leaving a comment on her profile to recognize her for the great work that she does – the selection committee takes these into account so we can help her win the award! [link to your nominee’s profile] #LCOY
Share your nominee’s profile by tweeting a link to it using #LCOY – and include a message about what makes the nominee a LifeChanger. Add a Vine if you’re bursting with creativity and show us what the nominee means to you!
Mrs. Smith inspires the faculty with her tireless efforts to bring fresh ideas to the students! [link to your nominee’s profile]@NLGroup_LCOY #LCOY
Mrs. Smith has the biggest heart for those in need! [link to your nominee’s profile] @NLGroup_LCOY #LCOY
Take a picture with your nominee and post it on Instagram, or record a quick video of yourself telling us how much the nominee means to you and why! Make sure to use #LCOY and tag @LifeChangeroftheYear!
Mrs. Smith was my RA in college and we have remained friends ever since! Today I learned she was nominated for the @LifeChangeroftheYear Award! I can’t think of a more deserving recipient because she puts her all into every lesson she teaches. Help her win the award by leaving a comment on her profile and show the selection committee that her great work is recognized. Lets help her win this award! #LCOY
Go above and beyond to support for your LifeChanger! Here are some suggestions:
- Create a Pinterest board showing off your LifeChanger and some of the awesome things they've done in their community.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper (customize the template on the right) and tell them about your nominee and the amazing things he or she is doing to positively impact students and the school community. Or call a local reporter or tips line!
- Get in touch with your town administrator or other local community manager to discuss ways in which your town could support the nomination (on their website for example).
- Share the social media templates on the right with friends and family and encourage them to leave a comment on your LifeChanger’s profile and post on social media with #LCOY.
- Are you active in community or town hall meetings? Speak up about LifeChanger of the Year and share your LifeChanger’s story!
- Customize the poster provided on the right, print it and then post it on bulletin boards at local community centers and hubs. Post it electronically on your local Patch and other community forums.
- Write a letter to members of your community using the templates below.