Posting a supportive comment on your LifeChanger’s profile is a great way to tell them how much they mean to you. The comments are taken into consideration by the selection committee when determining winners. Additionally, the LifeChanger Spirit Award will be given to the nominee whose community demonstrates the most support for his or her nomination.
You can also help us honor your LifeChanger on social media. Start by following LifeChanger of the Year on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram, or scroll down for more ideas on how to support your LifeChanger. Be sure to use the hashtag #LCOY so we can see you showing your spirit!
Post the nominee’s profile on your school or district Facebook page. Use #LCOY and share a story about your nominee and tell everyone why they are a LifeChanger. Include a link to the nominee’s profile and encourage the school community to leave a positive comment to support the nomination.
Our district is proud to announce Mrs. Smith has been nominated for the LifeChanger of the Year Award! Mrs. Smith represents this district by giving back to the community and most importantly by educating the next generation. She is well known inside the district for her passion and good deeds, but her story needs to be shared with the rest of America! Share her profile with your friends and take a few minutes out of your day today and leave comment on her profile to recognize her for the great work that she does – the selection committee takes these into account so we can help her win the award! [link to your nominee’s profile] #LCOY
Share your nominee’s profile by tweeting a link to it using #LCOY – include a message about how the nominee has had an impact on your school or district.
Mrs. Smith has been nominated for a LifeChanger of the Year Award! Share a story on her profile! [link to your nominee’s profile] @NLGroup_LCOY #LCOY
See why our very own Mrs. Smith was nominated for the LifeChanger of the Year Award! [link to your nominee’s profile] @NLGroup_LCOY #LCOY
Take a picture with your nominee and post it on Instagram, or record a quick video of yourself telling us how much the nominee means to you and why! Make sure to use #LCOY and tag @LifeChangeroftheYear!
Our very own Mrs. Smith (picture here captivating her fifth grade class with a science experiment) has been nominated for the LifeChanger of the Year Award for her stellar dedication and community service! Please take a few minutes out of your day today and leave comment on her profile at lifechangeroftheyear.com to recognize her for the great work that she does – the selection committee takes these into account so we can help her win the award! #LCOY @LifeChangeroftheYear
Go above and beyond to support your LifeChanger! Here are some suggestions:
- Create a Pinterest board showing off your LifeChanger and some of the awesome things they've done in their community.
- Do you have a school announcement sign in the front of your campus? Show you’re proud of your LifeChanger by posting “Home of a LifeChanger Nominee!” on the sign.
- Your school will be sent a poster once an educator is nominated, so make sure to put it in a visible place and use social media to show us its place of honor. You can also print and customize the poster template provided on the right.
- Why not create a LifeChanger board alongside the poster? Encourage students to stick notes on it to say what the LifeChanger means to them.
- Recognize your LifeChanger at a school assembly, school committee meeting, or at halftime of school sporting events. Make sure to record it and send us the video via social media using #LCOY!
- Plaster the halls with homemade posters and banners supporting your LifeChanger!
- Use the template on the right to customize a press release to let local media know that there is a LifeChanger at your school or district.
- Get in touch with your town administrator or other local community manager to discuss ways in which your town could support the nomination (on their website for example).
- Show your LifeChanger spirit on your school or district website! Use the button and banners on the right.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper (customize the template on the right) and tell them about your LifeChanger and the amazing things he or she is doing to positively impact students and the school community. Or call a local reporter or tips line!
- Announce the nomination of an educator in your school newsletter or newspaper. We’ve provided templates below for both an email and print newsletters.
- Share the social media templates on the right with the school community and encourage colleagues, parents and students to leave a comment on the LifeChanger’s profile and post on social media with #LCOY.
- Announce the nomination during morning announcements! You can use the 25 second script suggestion at the bottom of this page
- Supporting your LifeChanger as a school means involving the students as well as the faculty. By holding a pep rally, you’re involving the entire school in a great show of spirit and community.
- Write a letter to members of your community using one of the templates below.