LifeChanger of the Year is an annual program that recognizes and rewards K-12 school district educators and employees from around the country who are making a significant difference in the lives of students by exemplifying excellence, positive influence and leadership. Ten honorees are recognized annually and awarded with a personal cash prize and school donation.
If you are looking for a unique holiday gift for that special teacher or school district employee that really shows them you care – why not nominate them as a LifeChanger of the Year?
it’s free. It’s easy. And it’s the best gift they’ll receive this holiday season.
Your nomination could be the gift that keeps on giving. Each year, the selection committee picks ten nominees as national award winners – this year’s Grand Prize is $10,000 (split between the school and the recipient) and will be announced in Spring 2014.
Take advantage of our limited holiday offer and submit your LifeChanger nomination by December 31st 11:59 EST, and your nominee will receive:
- A LifeChanger of the Year 2013-14 Nominee coffee mug in a gift box
- A personalized message card from you
- A personalized LifeChanger of the Year 2013-14 e-Certificate
- A nominee profile on our website
Make sure you leave a comment on your nominee’s profile to wish them happy holidays, support their nomination and let them know they’ve changed your life too!
Charles Clark, LifeChanger of the Year 2012-2013
Anyone, including school employees and administrators, may nominate educators and employees for the LifeChanger of the Year award. Students are also welcome to submit nominations, but need to have support from a teacher or administrator.
All K-12 education professionals and school district employees are eligible to participate. Nominees must be full-time educators, teachers, principals or any member of the school’s staff who makes a positive difference in the lives of students. The LifeChanger of the Year will be awarded without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin or disability.
Nominations will be accepted until January 31st, 2014 for the 2013-2014 school year. LifeChanger Winners will be announced in Spring 2014.
- Grand Prize Winner: $10,000 cash award
- $5,000 donation to school, $5,000 personal cash award
- 1st Runner Up: $7,000 cash award
- $3,500 donation to school, $3,500 personal cash award
- 2nd Runner Up: $5,000 cash award
- $2,500 donation to school, $2,500 personal cash award
- Seven LifeChangers: $3,000 cash award
- $1,500 donation to school, $1,500 personal cash award
A selection committee from National Life Group will review the nominees and determine the top 10 winners based on the following selection criteria:
- A proven ability to make a beneficial difference in the lives of students
- An ability to positively add to the development of the school’s atmosphere
- A leader in his or her activities at the school and/or district level
- A prove record of excellent performance at the professional level
- A commitment to producing a nurturing atmosphere
Click here for the LifeChanger of the Year Official Rules